Corvetteforum Deutschland
Jack aus Maine möchte mit seiner 66er C2 Europa bereisen - Tipps? - Druckversion

+- Corvetteforum Deutschland (https://www.corvetteforum.de)
+-- Forum: Other Vette-Stuff (https://www.corvetteforum.de/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Wer weiß was (https://www.corvetteforum.de/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thema: Jack aus Maine möchte mit seiner 66er C2 Europa bereisen - Tipps? (/showthread.php?tid=52062)

- Stingray77 - 09.08.2012

Yes, happy to call them tomorrow...
Actually I could even walk over - their office is located no further than a mile away from our's (here in Hamburg's city center)....... Yeeah!

We'll see - if there's anything that one could pick up beforehand, it's good to know they are "around the block"...

And I can IMAGINE that when EMMA arrives in BHV on the 27th, your car SHOULD be ready for customs clearance on the 28th, but better be safe than sorry - I'll try to find something out....
It just would be better to make flight reservations only now and finally book when the delivery date is confirmed!

We can follow up the rest by e-mail...

Oliver

- Porter - 09.08.2012

You may follow your vessel here -> https://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/
Type in msc emma in ships map.

Großes Grinsen , ..........

- Stingray77 - 09.08.2012

underway - heading for Boston.......

- MrGreen - 09.08.2012

Zitat:Original von Jack Panzica
Perhaps you can call them , once I give you the shipping data...The car is on the MSC EMMA that leaves Boston today ,9th and arrives in Germany on the 27th.

Jack,

when the vessel arrives on the 27th, it is most likely not possible that you get your car on the 28th !! Is it in a container or RoRo? You need to calculate some time for unloading and custom clearance! It is also possible that the vessels are late 1-3 days

Container - Jack Panzica - 09.08.2012

Zitat:Original von MrGreen
Zitat:Original von Jack Panzica
Perhaps you can call them , once I give you the shipping data...The car is on the MSC EMMA that leaves Boston today ,9th and arrives in Germany on the 27th.

Jack,

when the vessel arrives on the 27th, it is most likely not possible that you get your car on the 28th !! Is it in a container or RoRo? You need to calculate some time for unloading and custom clearance! It is also possible that the vessels are late 1-3 days

Moin moin

It is in a container....I will know shipping # data tomorrow , I plan to be in fly in to Hamburg on 28th. We should know arrival date by the 25th.....tracking ship at sea.

I will contact Vangard Logistics to know time line once ship arrives.....my goal is to be able to get to Ferry to Oslo by 30th of August at 10 am.

If I have to wait a day or so, that is what will be.......good time to learn German.

Jack

- Stingray77 - 10.08.2012

Hi Jack

I just spoke to Christian at Vanguard.
Firstly, what he needs to give any further info is the container-#. With that he will be able track down the box and verify the vessel (possible that the container gets reloaded) and along with that the ship's eta in BHV.

He already told me that it can/will take "some time" to take delivery of the car after the ship's arrival in BHV (unloading the vessel, rearranging, unloading the container, customs clearance - the whole lot...) - but he promised to name me people I/we can contact and who should be of help there (like i.e. his customs agent). But it's impossible to give a fixed date, yet - so please do not yet book your flight!

Then we spoke about customs - it WILL BE an issue to get customs accepting that you will not be IMPORTING your Vette to Europe but ship it back to the US at a later date... As said, your return-shipment-arrangements will come in handy there, but we are not sure, whether that will be enough "proof" for them. Christian promised to make some investigation there, too.

Can you say how your car was loaded? Your car only in a 20' container, or together with more cars in a 40'-box? Although a lot more pricey (therefore not too common) the 20'-variant would be of benefit, as there would not be the need of "employing" some company to unload the whole container just to get hold of your car.

See, there are some pitfalls. I'll try my best to work you around most of those. And Christian sounded like he wanted to support as good as possible... Let's cross our fingers.

Next step: please provide me the container-# and I will be in touch with Christian.

(Btw.: it appears that someone else - Herr Wahl? - already contacted Vanguard a couple of weeks ago... Your case already rang a bell, when I called... Feixen)

Best

Oliver

- MrGreen - 10.08.2012

Zitat:Original von Stingray77

Then we spoke about customs - it WILL BE an issue to get customs accepting that you will not be IMPORTING your Vette to Europe but ship it back to the US at a later date... As said, your return-shipment-arrangements will come in handy there, but we are not sure, whether that will be enough "proof" for them.

Buchung für die Rückfahrt reicht aus. Schlimmstenfalls muss ne Sicherheitsleistung hinterlegt werden.

Hast Du Erfahrung in dem Bereich?
Na, wir werden sehen - ich befürchte, um die Sicherheitsleistung wird er nicht herumkommen...

Aber immer lieber erst mal vom Schlechtesten ausgehen und sich dann positiv überraschen lassen! dumdidum

Safety Performance ? - Jack Panzica - 10.08.2012

Zitat:Original von Stingray77
Hast Du Erfahrung in dem Bereich?
Na, wir werden sehen - ich befürchte, um die Sicherheitsleistung wird er nicht herumkommen...

Aber immer lieber erst mal vom Schlechtesten ausgehen und sich dann positiv überraschen lassen! dumdidum

Moin moin , I guess,

I will be talking with my shipper this morning..and will book a return , so I hope that will help...my car is 100% right with no modifications...all gauges and lights work....I put extra headlights and tail lights in car...

Can we show customs this forum to indicate that I plan to take my car home in October....

I hope this all works out....I don't want my film to show me crying at customs to get my car on the road.. driver

Thanks for your help.... Hilfe!! Hilfe!! Hilfe!!

I will wait to book flight until we have an idea of the arrival of boat and time to clear customs.

Jack

Moin, Jack! Yeeah!

Yes, we will get that straight - let your shipping agent work for his money (just be clear with them), and we will see to sort out all the rest...
Don't want the boys from the Mustangforum be happy just to see you cry... Kopfschütteln

After all it's just the bureaucratic act showing the customs all the necessary and right papers!
As said: let the agent make sure he took care of that...

Zwinkern

Ah - forgot: no, not Safety Performance - I meant that customs might want to see some kind of bail, financial guarantee or similar to release your car. Hope Vanguard can arrange you don't have to pay that (you would receive the money back when going back home, but if possible, you should try to avoid that - just to spare you the hassle)...