Corvetteforum Deutschland
Jack aus Maine möchte mit seiner 66er C2 Europa bereisen - Tipps? - Druckversion

+- Corvetteforum Deutschland (https://www.corvetteforum.de)
+-- Forum: Other Vette-Stuff (https://www.corvetteforum.de/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Wer weiß was (https://www.corvetteforum.de/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thema: Jack aus Maine möchte mit seiner 66er C2 Europa bereisen - Tipps? (/showthread.php?tid=52062)

Just picked up my rear end ! - Jack Panzica - 09.04.2015

Hi to all,

I made a quick ride to Easton, MA , where a good friend , Ed Johnson owns a home town service and repair shop .

Ed had graciously donated a late seventies corvette differential to my car. It has a 3:70 in it, but I will have that changed (3:36) out by Gary Ramadei, of New Haven , CT , who is going to rebuild and tune it for me.

I will box it up and send it to him this week.

Here are few pictures of Ed and his good friend Bob, (owns a 63) who helped with the transfer. If you ever need mechanical work done just south of Boston, give Ed a call....508-238-9455

Ed & Bob in his shop

[Bild: Ed%20and%20Bob_zpsgtmlu7kf.jpg]

Here she is .....

[Bild: close%20up_zpswfieizq5.jpg]

[Bild: On%20Stand_zpsh4usrxlz.jpg]

[Bild: Side%20View_zps9pywx0ka.jpg]

A tall fish story, Honey , fish for dinner ! - Jack Panzica - 09.04.2015

I hope you enjoy this photo. This is how these cars were really used 30-50 years ago.

[Bild: corvette_with_fish_0859a2efb32036a0653a6...jxqnbx.jpg]

- meStefan - 09.04.2015

Hallo old salt,

was a good haul with the stingray! sich vor Lachen auf dem Boden wälzen

I love your pics, Jack! Yeeah!

Mfg. meStefan Teufelfeuer

American hunters in 50's - 60's - Jack Panzica - 09.04.2015

This is for Arno.....!

These cars were really daily drivers , used for every day chores and errands .

[Bild: 2%20deer%20hood_zpstfdantqj.jpg]

[Bild: deer%20on%20hood_zpswqbyt4qq.jpg]

- Markstingray - 09.04.2015

really interesting history lection! Waaas?

Its has been 49 Years since a Pro touched my shafts! - Jack Panzica - 21.04.2015

Last time was at the factory 49 years ago. I have sent off my drive shaft and half shafts for a professional balance and u-joints replacement. the drive shaft will be balanced with a new slip yoke that is needed. The old one had 300,000 miles on it ....

This is a local shop that deals with a lot of construction equipment and truck shafts. Shops are getting harder to find now.

[Bild: IMG_2836_zpsu6r6t9e3.jpg]

Look at the size of the shaft next to my little guys

[Bild: IMG_2834_zpsuaf9dlnc.jpg]

Update on car restoration....yes...it seems like it is turning into a restoration from just a stuck transmission plug.

Ed Johnson had donated a 78 rear with the good Eaton Posi unit (it will be ) to me and I have just shipped it off to Gary Ramadei, who many know of for his rear end, TA and steering box rebuilding skills.

He is going to tune it, replace the clutches with metal ones, and put in 3:36 gears instead of the current 3;70. With my wide ratio Muncie , the car will be back to original gearing that I changed out in 1972 ish....

On the way to Gary Ramadei

[Bild: Eds%20rear%20sent_zps2fzz3vsq.jpg]

When done, I will have replaced all rear suspension rubber bushings, strut rods , spring bushing, shaft balancing/joints, body mounts and bushings and maybe the throw out bearing ...mufflers and pipes...lets see...did I miss something.......

Corvette KOs Owner in 2 rounds ! - Jack Panzica - 23.04.2015

I had fun taking out my Muncie , I should have ducked , wrench fell, I moved to fast and forgot that I had no head room....

But it is out.....took about 2 hours no real problems , just lowered engine , as I moved tranny straight back, then raised engine and tranny fell forward and out...

Will replace throw out bearing (65,000 miles) last four years, and rear seal and bearing, to go with new slip yoke.

[Bild: black%20eye_zpsjxppba64.jpg]

[Bild: Tranny_zpsltoxoqqd.jpg]

- mijosch - 23.04.2015

Zitat:....
Baby's got blue eyes
Like a deep blue sea
On a blue blue day

Krankenschwester Waaas? King

RE: Corvette KOs Owner in 2 rounds ! - Günter C7 - 23.04.2015

Hi Jack,

wich could have in the eye. haarsträubend haarsträubend

Get well soon.

Rear End update - Jack Panzica - 23.04.2015

Update on rear end and suspension rebuild..

Gary Ramadei is rebuilding the 78 rear end that Ed Johnson donated to the project. Here are some pictures of his inspection and comments.

"Looks like this came out of a 79 vette. The gear date is Aug 1978, maybe it made it into a later 78? Doesn't matter the 78 & 79's were ok but did have some areas that were weak. The clutches, ring gear bolts, and axles were bad and this one is typical as it has all those bad parts. They are not going to be reused though, I will use the best parts and that will make a difference. The axles had 065-070 endplay and were mushroomed over. These are just good for cores now. There were no broken snowflake clutches so that means this diff wasn't beat on much, otherwise they would be broken. The ring gear bolts used from 77-79 were junk. They stopped using lock washers and the bolts didn't have the shoulders like the older ones did. I will use ARP bolts, you can see them next to each other in the pictures."

d

Here are some pictures of rear inspection

Parts not being used.....

[Bild: Junk%20parts_zps0fft5vga.jpg]

Disassemble rear

[Bild: remove%20case%20bearings%201_zps54crrchv.jpg]

[Bild: remove%20pinion%201_zpsjyyvrwwv.jpg]

[Bild: Posi%20assembly_zpselqww4fn.jpg]

[Bild: RG%20bolts%20small%20will%20use%20ARP%20...gmujnu.jpg]

[Bild: Yoke%20endplay%20070%204_zpsznq428hv.jpg]

[Bild: Yoke%20endplay%20070%203_zpsx00nddae.jpg]

[Bild: Axle%20face%20wear%201_zpslh6zx7ev.jpg]