Corvetteforum Deutschland
Jack aus Maine möchte mit seiner 66er C2 Europa bereisen - Tipps? - Druckversion

+- Corvetteforum Deutschland (https://www.corvetteforum.de)
+-- Forum: Other Vette-Stuff (https://www.corvetteforum.de/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Wer weiß was (https://www.corvetteforum.de/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thema: Jack aus Maine möchte mit seiner 66er C2 Europa bereisen - Tipps? (/showthread.php?tid=52062)

- Jack Panzica - 08.02.2012

Hello Martin,

What are you doing online.........seems like most of the people I know spend much too much time online....... :C3spin: animierte C4

I have had a contact with StingRay Vintage Corvettes.......PM me with any information you may know about the company .

Sound like they are one of the largest supplier of parts....etc...

As you may know.....I am going to need some sponsorship to make this trip happen.......

I am trying not to get too excited .......until I can finalize plans.....

Again thank you for your help.......

Jack

Ps

Here is a picture of my car in 2010.......2 months before my 48 state trip

[Bild: 6612-08rehab.jpg]

Here is the car now 2012

[Bild: interiordone11.jpg]

[Bild: interiordone1.jpg]

My car out west in the Grand Tetons National Park

[Bild: TetonsYellowTRParks130.jpg]

Yellow Stone National Park

[Bild: TetonsYellowTRParks104.jpg]

- Porter - 08.02.2012

Hi Jack, great project OK!
Even if we won´t meet, I will follow you here !

Zitat:Sound like they are one of the largest supplier of parts....etc...
That´s probably why they aren´t listed here in our Vette-Parts Forum-Box Grübeln
I don´t know them. But Corvettes also got a good Sound Großes Grinsen

Hallo-gruen , ................

- abo - 08.02.2012

Hello,

first at all: welcome to Europe!

Your Project: that´s graet an respectable!

If I can help you, please let me know. If you come to the heart and middle of germany and Europe the City Cologne, i´m your man!!

I believe.... it will be fantastic when we make a foto from you, your car and the Dom from Cologne!

look: https://www.planet-wissen.de/kultur_medien/architektur/koelner_dom/img/intro_dom_abend_g.jpg

Jack, you are everytime welcome!

Hope to meet you.....

André Hallo-gruen

- Corvettenuschi - 08.02.2012

My english is so pig bad, i think i spider. (kann das mal jemand in´s Englische übersetzen?) Großes Grinsen

... but i will try:

Hello Jack,

if you want to take a stop in Kamen (on your way from Bielefeld to Niederlande), we would organize a meeting with the corvette-drivers from our region (named every month: Treffen am Kamener Kreuz). So you´re able to meet many user from this forum.

We would like to welcome and meet you.

many regards
and sorry for my english

Anke und Volker

- Yankeededandy - 08.02.2012

Zitat:Original von Jack Panzica
Hello Martin,

I have had a contact with StingRay Vintage Corvettes.......PM me with any information you may know about the company .
Sound like they are one of the largest supplier of parts....etc...
As you may know.....I am going to need some sponsorship to make this trip happen.......

Hi there Jack,

Stingray's Vintage Corvette Parts is a large supplier of parts vor "our" cars. I know about them because they kindly offered to support a Rally for C1/C2/C3 we're organising in July this year in the black forrest (Southern Germany). https://www.corvetteforum.de/thread.php?threadid=60715&sid=&hilight=classic+corvette+rallye
They seem to be great folks. I'm getting in touch with them this week and will send you a PM afterwards.

George ("george1199") has something else that might lure you into the region he's living in. The city of Nürnberg in Bavaria holds a couple of things in store for you. I'll just throw out the bait:
- The castle of Nürnberg
- Bratwurst (I don't have to translate that!!) Nürnberg style
- Ginger bread
- Black SWC Blaulicht
- Red 67 convertible
- A bed with breakfast the next morning, including a personal tour through Nürnberg, if you like also including the documentation center (kind of a memorial) of WWII.

...oh yeah, I can vouch for Anke, our Corvettenuschi Großes Grinsen. You're in for something special if you meet her and Volker. Highly recommended. Oh what am I saying: All of the people posting here are great. If you shouldn't be able to visit all of us, maybe it would work if some of us got together in a small group within a region as your welcome committee.

Have fun planing. It will work out with your sponsors as well, I'm sure of that.

Martin

--> An alle: So wie ich das verstanden habe, ist Jack auch sehr an raren Corvettes interessiert, die hier in Europa sind. Einige von euch haben doch wunderschöne Exemplare oder kennen Leute die welche haben.

- Dr. Seltsam - 08.02.2012

Zitat:Original von Yankeededandy
If you shouldn't be able to visit all of us, maybe it would work if some of us got together in a small group within a region as your welcome committee.

The best way is to plan a 6 year journey only through Germany to visit all Corvette maniacs. sich vor Lachen auf dem Boden wälzen

Best Regards from snowy bavaria

Oliver

PS
A really beautiful little corvette with a great story Zwinkern

- Jack Panzica - 09.02.2012

Zitat:Original von Corvettenuschi
My english is so pig bad, i think i spider. (kann das mal jemand in´s Englische übersetzen?) Großes Grinsen

... but i will try:

Hello Jack,

if you want to take a stop in Kamen (on your way from Bielefeld to Niederlande), we would organize a meeting with the corvette-drivers from our region (named every month: Treffen am Kamener Kreuz). So you´re able to meet many user from this forum.

We would like to welcome and meet you.

many regards
and sorry for my english

Anke und Volker

Hello Anke

Thank you for your offer....I have put you on my map as a stop....

I look forward to meeting you and all your friends.........

My German is not as good as your English

Jack

A ride a few weeks ago

[Bild: th_movie.jpg]

- Jack Panzica - 11.02.2012

This is a copy of a post I did not long ago on rebuilding a fuel pump on SB C2 cars up to 1966

If you like I will post more "How Fix" posts

I have read many posts of members having problems with this simple rebuild and I can understand why.

I received the kit to repair my fuel pump. I used directions from an old Chilton's mid 60's corvette service manual for mid-years. If you follow directions, the job should only take a few minuets to do.

If you don't you can be cursing quite a bit on hooking the diaphragm arm on to the rocker arm.

So here is the first picture. I have put the rocker arm back in the upper body and attached the spring. I also have put together the lower body new gasket and new valves in kit.

Parts laid out

[Bild: Fuelpumprepairdone001.jpg]

This next step is the most important for hooking arm . You insert a screw driver as shown , that forces up the hook arm and keeps it up.

[Bild: Fuelpumprepairdone002.jpg]

Next, you put spring in body, line up diaphragm holes and rod, and press down on diaphragm until you hook arm. You can see what you are doing and you may want to put the pump in a vice so it does not move.

[Bild: Fuelpumprepairdone003.jpg]

It looks like this when hooked

[Bild: Fuelpumprepairdone004.jpg]

Next, use a clamp or vice to slowly push parts together so that you can start screws

[Bild: Fuelpumprepairdone005.jpg]

Important !

Do not tighten screw all the way, leave just enough room for diaphragm to move a bit between bodies.

Next Press in plunger to full flex and hold, while you tighten screws down.

Pump is now done and ready to go.

[Bild: Fuelpumprepairdone006.jpg]

My problem now is ,,,,,, do I want to take out the modern new pump and put back the correct one , with my chrome gas line.

I hope my pictures help....... A simple job if you have good directions....

Jack

PS Add One martini to the mix and you will not care so much about the work

- M.Z. - 11.02.2012

Hello Jack!
If you want to visit Berchtesgaden with the Königssee and the Eagles Nest, than let me know.
Bed and breakfast and BBQ is no problem.
Look at https://www.berchtesgaden.de/de/sommer or at https://www.alpen-nationalpark.de/ for some informations about the area in the south of Bavaria.

Markus

- 6TVette - 11.02.2012

Zitat: I will post more "How Fix" posts

Please do so, that'll help to structure tinkering...